Saturday, December 26, 2009

Visiting Family

Today we got to see the new baby and visit with Mom. Mom flew up to Becky's for Christmas this year. She arrived Christams Eve and will stay until Sunday. So this morning when I got home from work, we had breakfast and got ready to head to Bountiful for the day. Grandma Glenna and Grandpa Bob headed home and we headed to see the new baby, oh and Grandma Ruby. The kids were so excited to see their counsins!!

As soon as I walked in the door, I said hi to Grandma Ruby, washed my hands and darted for Baby Ruby (Allen and I have been just a tad bit baby hungry lately!!). She was sooooo tiny, smaller than any of my babies were when they were born, and this is Becky's fourth! I had to fight off my family just to hold her for a few minutes. Then it was Sam's turn, Danni's turn and finally Allen's turn. Surprisingly, Rock didn't care so much.

We were able to spend the day and I was able to take a nap since I worked again tonight. Becky fed us a yummy dinner - glazed ham, cheesy potatoes, sweet potato casserole and apple pie! I felt bad since she just had a baby and all, so thanks Becky! The kids played and played and played and Rock and Audrey got along really well. We also met with our financial planner-thanks for all your help, Randy! It was a very successful day.

We left in time for me to get to work and brought Sarah home with us. I love that we live close enough that my kids get to play and visit with their cousins so much. Zach is getting to the age that it's not so cool to play with girls and so he hasn't come to stay with us for quite awhile. And Becky says Audrey is still too young to come to our house, but soon she'll be able to! I did take my camera but left it in the van all day and didn't get any pictures, I was so upset with myself.

We also were able to to talk with Mom some more about moving up to Logan with us to help us out when Allen gets his job. Whether it is with the post office or the army, we are going to need some help. It sounds like it is going to benefit both parties and work out really well. So really soon, we are going to have Grandma living with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment