Today Rock had a little mishap. He was in the room with the girls and so we had to piece together the story. From what we understand Rock was jumping on the bed and fell off, bumping his head on the bedside shelf. He, of course, then screamed at the top of his lungs for a very long time. I was in bed, having worked the night before, when I heard him crying but wasn't too alarmed because this is Rock we are talking about. Then I hear 6 sets (Sam, Danni and Sarah) of feet pounding up the stairs. My door was thrown open and they all scream at once, "Daddy/Uncle Allen needs you. Rock is hurt!" I run downstairs to find Allen and Rock in the bathroom with blood dripping down Rock's chin. I see a gaping hole on the front of his chin along with a smaller cut below it and another big one on the inside of his lower lip. I assumed he bit through his lower lip in the fall and told Allen that I thought he should go to the ER.
Allen loaded him up and ran him into town. The girls stayed with me. It ended up being my the time he got there that the hole was back together and the doctor said the cut on the inside and outside didn't match up, so he didn't think Rock bit through the lip, just bit it in a few places. They watched him for a concussion for awhile and sent him home. Thank goodness it wasn't anything worse. So he will probably have 2 scars on his chin, but like the nurse said, "with a name like 'Rock' he is bound to have a few scars".
Meanwhile at home, I gave the girls rules about what they could and couldn't eat/fix, answering the phone and the door, not going outside, not screaming and running through the house, not fighting, etc., etc. They all agreed and stated their understanding. I laid back down in bed, leaving the door open. I am a very light sleeper and thought that I would just doze in and out until Allen got home and that if the girls got into anything I would for sure hear them. Apparently, I did not tell them they couldn't melt chocolate candies in the microwave so that is what they did. The chocolate burned in the bowl, ruining the bowl and it "made the kitchen stink" so they took one of my scentsy room sprays and sprayed the kitchen until it "smelled good". When Allen got home I was sound asleep and the girls were watching TV-everything was great, until he walked into the kitchen and about fell on his butt because the scentsy spray accumulated on the floor in a very thick layer. He had to scrub on his hands and knees and use the steamer to get it clean again. By the time I woke up, everything was back to normal, Allen had to fix it all. Thanks, Hon!
8 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment