Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

This year, Grandma Glenna and Grandpa Bob came down on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas morning with us. Also, this year I had to work Christams Eve, the 7pm-7am shift. When we sat the kids down to tell the horrible news about my having to work that night and that they would have to wait til I got home around 8 or 8:30 to open their gifts, to my surprise, no one was upset. Danni just said, "Yeah, we get to sleep in!" I thought they were going to be so distraught about my not being there, but nope, they were happy to be able to sleep in-the little terds!!

We've been telling the kids not expect a whole lot for Christmas this year. We told them that we should be happy with the things we do have, like a house, vehicles, clothes and food, because so many people don't even have that. We explained that Santa just wasn't going to be able to everyone a whole lot this year. And to our surprise they were ok with that. Danni was even heard to say, "It doesn't matter what we have, as long as we have our family". In our prayers leading up to Christmas they always would give thanks for home, our car, the food we were able to eat. I really think we got through to them this year!

On that note, they still made a haul this year!! Sam got a new stereo with an ipod dock that she just loves!! She also got some boots from Grandma along with lots of clothes from Grandma and Mom and Dad. She got some books, a new DS game, a movie and stamp set, socks, underwear, etc, etc. She was very happy with her Christmas. Danni finally got her Gymnastics mat that she has been asking for for every holiday and birthday for the last 2 years. She also got boots from Grandma, some clothes from Grandma and Mom and Dad, movie, DS game, books, socks, underwear, etc., etc. They were pretty embarrassed about their underwear because Grandpa was watching them open their gifts. There's one picture of Sam trying to hurry and hide hers becasue everyone could see! Rock got alot of VERY LOUD toys - thanks Holden and Katelyn!! He got a guitar that does not have a volume control, just LOUD. He also a workbench, an education talking dog, some tonka trucks and track and lots of needed clothes. They had a great Christmas!!

After presents were opened, we continued on to our Christmas breakfast tradition of blue cheese biscuits. We also had hashbrowns, eggs, and peppered bacon - yum! Then it was off to bed for me because I work again tonight!! As I went to bed, I found present on my pillow. It was from my honey. When I opened it, I was sooooo, sooooo excited because it was a box of perfume, journey from Mary Kay, which I had been wanting for quite some time. I opened the box, because how could I not smell good when going to sleep? When I took it out of the box, I thought, "this bottle is awfully full" you couldn't see the liquid moving at all. I shook it and still now movement, I sprayed it, nothiing sprayed. I sprayed it some more and got rougher with and still nothing came out. I was jipped!! The bottle was empty!! Allen's sister sells Mary Kay and that's where Allen got it from. When I told him about it, he said, "that's probably why I got such a good deal on it!". Later when he brought it up to Kelly, she was so embarrassed. Who knows what happened, it must have come that way from the company - oh well.

Grandma took the girls to the movie and they saw New Moon, which Sam has been wanting to see since it came out. They loved the movied but hated the ending, Sam was very disappointed. How could they dare to end it like that, she said!! (I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet) For dinner we had a turkey with all the trimmings, and my double layer pumpkin pie and banana cream pie. It was a great day. The food was great, the company was great and the time spent together was wonderful.













No comments:

Post a Comment