Tonight the girls and I were searching the internet for any previews about Eclipse. One of the clips we were watching got a little bit racey with Edward and Bella making out. Right as I shut it off, Danni asked me if they were going to have sex!! First of all, I tried not to show how shocked I was. I am very grateful and proud that she was comfortable enough to ask me such questions without thinking it was a big deal. I just didn't expect it this soon. Sammi was a little embarrassed though, she sitting away from me just giggling and told Danni she couldn't believe she would ask me something like that.
So Mom mode kicked in and I decided to it a learning moment. I explained to Sam that it was okay to ask me such questions and that they should always feel comfortable to ask me anything. Then I asked Danni what she though sex was. She explained to me that sex is when a boy and girl kiss alot and sometimes they do it naked. Oh how I love the view of the world from a child's eyes!!
Then I asked Danni if her and her friends talk about sex with each other. She informed me that she didn't need to, because she has always known everything there is to know about sex. I wish I could have captured her being so matter of fact. If you know her, I'm sure you can only imagine her saying these things. I proceeded to ask if either of them had any other questions. Sam just asked if we could change the subject and Danni said that she didn't need to know anything else, she knew enough.
It was quite the few moments there. Like I said, I was totally dumbfounded with the question at first. But I hope that I handled it okay and that my girls will always feel comfortable to ask me any of those not-so-comfortable questions.
8 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment