Sunday, April 11, 2010

The kids are home

Mom and the kids got home this evening and I was so happy to see them!!  As much as I enjoyed the time alone, I really did miss my family.  I didn't get to do anything to fun because I worked so much, but it was nice to not feel guilty about being at work, how long I slept, or having Mom take care of my kids.  But when they pulled in the drive, it was a wonderful feeling to know my family was home. 

Allen had to call me in sick to church this morning because I had zero voice.  I had my lesson all ready for Sunday School, but without a voice there was no way I could teach.  So I called Allen with barely a whisper and asked him to let someone know that I would not be able to be there.  And since I didn't go to church, I got to sleep for a decent amount of time.  And when the kids got home, I was well rested instead of ornery.  They drew on the sidewalk with the chalk from the Easter Bunny and made a hopscotch grid.  Rock didn't know how to play, but was having a blast copying his sisters.  Then they started dancing around in the yard and doing flips and Rock copied them some more.  They were all so cute!!  I had dinner ready for them also and after catching up on the week's events, I got everyone showered and off to bed.  Now I know how hard it is on Allen while he is working out of town.  I knew that the kids would be back in just 6 days, but Allen's timing is still unknown at this point.  What we for our family because we love them so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment