Saturday, March 21, 2009

Anniversary


 
March 21 was our 11th wedding anniversary, WOW! Some days it seems much longer than that and others it feels like just yesterday Allen was trying to hit on me and get me to go out with him :)

Actually, I was the pursuer. He was friends with my roommate's boyfriend and I happened to think he was pretty hot. I made Ashley and Corey set us up. He was an entire HOUR late to our first date. We went to "Fools Rush In" and just as I thought I was getting stood up, he walks in and sits next to me. Can you believe I gave him another chance? In reality, after that night we were always together, even though it took several months before we declared it "official".

So much has happened since that night; we have helped each other through so many different circumstances that I believe we can make it through whatever else comes our way. First, we had a baby born with medical problems, in and out of the hospital for years, not knowing if she was going to make it, financial struggles on top of that. Then, me finding out about Allen's drug abuse and dealing with a separation for awhile. Then Allen checked himself into rehab and we were able to work things out. Both of us went back to school at the same time with two kids at home. Then, Allen had to deal with me while I worked through some awful childhood memories that no one should have to endure.

Now we are so happy and have grown so much. We have 3 beautiful children, own our home, made some pretty good traditions and our next step? It may take awhile, but I do believe that we will make it to the temple. I love my husband and am proud of what he has accomplished after all that he has been through. I am glad that he has stuck by me through everything and am excited to see what life throws at us next.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to clarify that on our first date I was moving and was told about the date 20 minutes before the show started. I was lucky to get there as fast as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allen, don't even try, you know who's right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm a retard with posting comments. I posted the same thing twice, deleted one, but it still shows a post, but removed by the author. Trust me, it was a duplicate post, not some rude comment I had second thoughts about posting. (However, Tiff is right, sometimes it seems like fooorrrreeeevvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.)

    ReplyDelete