Saturday, March 21, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences

Last week was parent-teacher conferences and we met with Danni's and Sam's teachers. My kids are so much like me...VERY intelligent!! Danni is in the 1st grade and her teacher, Mr. James, is amazing. He couldn't say enough good about Danni. His teaching style suits Bubs' personality so well. She is above average in all subjects and just keeps progressing. She even helps other kids in the class with their reading during group time. She is part of a reading group that works on reading the 2nd and 3rd grade levels. What a smartie pants!! Mr. James gave us some ideas and suggestions to keep Bubba progressing, so we will start working on those.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

Sammi is doing just as well. She is mainstreamed in the 4th grade and is in Mr. Rock's class. She also gets to attend sessions during the day with Mrs. Bennett, Mrs. Carter, Mrs. Bodily and Mr. Bulloch. What a special girl that she gets so many amazing teachers!! The circumstances surrounding her liver transplant six years ago just made it so that she is able to work with so many special people in her education. As we met with her teachers, we learned that that she hasn't always brought home her paperwork, so alot of the assignments were being missed. This is something we are working on together. But she is definitely progressing in her knowledge and skills. She is extremely bright and just needs to be reminded now and then.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 


I feel that education is very important and really hope that I am able to pass that concept on to my kids. I hope that they will realize the necessity of a college-education and work towards that. For now, they are on that path and I'll do whatever I can to help along the way.

6 comments:

  1. Man, kids give parents such pride. :) I love watching the accomplishments they make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant just like their mom! HAVE to comment on Twilight while I'm here!!! LOVE IT! Maybe we should get together and rewind the romantic scenes over and over again. ...I'm the only one who's still into that, aren't I? :) You've selectively forgotten doing that in the first place! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute girlies! I'm not at all surprised that they are such smart girls...they definitely take after you!! I'm jealous that you have Twilight. I've been threatening to buy it and make Tanner watch it. I just love it...but I'm not so sure he'd think it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I love that you posted this, it will turn out cute in your book!! Congrats on the cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your kids! They are so cute

    ReplyDelete