Thursday, June 10, 2010

All Alone

Mom and the kids left yesterday for a whole week!  Mom was so nice that she took the kids down to Becky's for a couple of days to play with their cousins and to swim.  Then they are headed down to see Allen for the weekend.  They'll stay over at Kris' and I'm sure that they'll have a ton of fun.  The kids were so excited to see their Daddy, they were busting at the seems.  Mom brought the kids into work yesterday on their way out of town to say goodbye to me.  They are absolutely adorable.  Rock just wanted to be held and hugged me so tight!!  Bubba held on just as tight and wouldn't let me stand up after hugging her, she just held on.  She said she was going to miss me so much.  And Sam couldn't leave fast enough.  She did give me a hug and kiss and said bye and that she would miss me, but she was ready for the road.  As much as I am going to miss them, I have to admit that I am a little excited to have the house to myself.  I won't have to feel guilty about sleeping after work and I can sleep as long as I want in between shifts! 

On a funny note, the other day while the kids and I were at the post office checking the mail, Danni asked from the back seat of the van, "Since Dad isn't living with us right now, does that mean that I'm going to get a stepdad?"  I then had to explain you only get step parents when your parents are divorced and that daddy and I are still happily married, but that daddy just works out of town until he is able to transfer to a position back here in Logan.  That seemed to calm her mind and she hasn't brought it up again.  I keep forgetting to tell Allen this little story, but I can only imagine that he will welcome this unknown stepdad as long as he is willing to pay the bills.  Am I right, hon? 

1 comment:

  1. You deserve some quiet time so enjoy it.
    On a side note and may ship them back to you if the 3 girls don't go to sleep soon tonight. How many more times can I say, "shhhhhh?"

    ReplyDelete