8 years ago
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Five Years of Sobriety!!
Five years ago this month, our family went through a very trying time. At that time I had known about Allen's drug and alcohol use for about a year, and we had been working together to get him clean. After several relapses, he decided to check himself into a rehab center. On Monday, June 22, he celebrated FIVE YEARS of sobriety, what an amazing accomplishment. I witnessed the terrible things that addiction did to him, but I also have been able to see the wonderful changes that sobriety has made in him and to us. Addiction is an ugly disease, but with diligence and a constant effort, he has been able to overcome it. It is a daily effort and some days are more difficult than others, but he is doing it. I admire Allen for his dedication and perseverance to sobriety. I am so proud of him for being able to achieve all that he has and wanting to do more. As difficult as things were, we have grown closer and I have fallen in love with him over and over again. Congratulations Allen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Congrats Alan! That is amazing! I love to hear great stories like that. He is a true inspiration for others with the addiction disease.
ReplyDeleteAlan is definitely an exceptional role model to our kids and family. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Allen!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, we are so proud of him
ReplyDelete