Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sammi's Sunday

Just over two years ago, Sammi decided she wanted to become a member of the LDS church. We had gone to church on and off over the years, but nothing steady. Because of this, our bishop recommended that she receive the missonary discussions first. He also highly suggested that we listen to the discussion as a family, and so we did. A few months later Allen was ordained a priest and was able to baptize Sammi. It was a wonderful day. Her Uncle Randy did the confirmation.



She has been quite upset with me the last few months because I have not been able to take her to church. I work 12-hour night shifts and it is hard enough getting sleep on a normal day. But when church starts at 1, that means I would only get 3 hours of sleep before my next 12-hour shift, and it seems that I always get to work weekends :). Today she decided to go to church on her own. She got ready all by herself and Allen dropped her off at church. She found her class and went to primary all on her own. And when primary was over, she met Allen just outside the church house, again, all on her own. What a big girl!! She had a great time and was very happy that she went. She told us that she wants to continue going, even if I cannot take her. She definitely is growing up and has set an amazing example to our family. I am very proud of her and love her so much.

4 comments:

  1. She sounds amazing and these pics are so cute! Good for you Sammi! Are you one of those responsible kids who does your homework without being asked, too? Maybe you could come over and teach MY kids a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Sammi is a good role model for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammi- You are such a GOOD GIRL! Your mom works so hard and it is important for you to be so responsible! It is hard to go anywhere alone and you are doing it! Good job. I am so glad that you were able to be baptized! You and your family will be blessed for working together as a team! Sometimes we have to divide and conquor! I am proud of you! Tiff you are such a great mom and I am way impressed at how hard you work. I can barelly keep my head above water and I don't work out of the home! You are awesome! Way to praise and support Sammi too! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you have a blog! If you ever need Tim or I to get Sammi we would love to take her with us!

    ReplyDelete